Good morning Elliot Family,
We know that there is some concern with regard to rumors and reports about our Christian High School and our success in Lodi and the greater San Joaquin region. Let me assure you that while we are experiencing change, none of the changes are of negative consequence to the school or constituents, and as you know, God has already known the plans He has for us. We want you to know the following:
- Whatever happens from this point forward will be birthed in prayer. Without the blessing and sanction of God, nothing will prosper. With God’s direction and blessing, nothing can fail. Join us in prayer as we trust the Lord to hear the prayers and repentance of his people as He promises to Solomon, “if my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (1 Chron. 7:14).
- Whatever happens from this point forward will be completely open and transparent. Please do not pay attention to anything that is not announced through official communication. We will tell you if and when there is a problem. We will also let you know if and when there is something good happening.
- Our High School will continue to have an athletics program for students to participate in. From year to year schools have different levels of teams depending on the student athletes. We will continue to strive to have the very best competition available for students.
- Our High School will actually be expanding in some areas. We look to develop creative partnerships within the community to bring new opportunities to our students. We look especially to increase opportunities for music, Robotics, service and so much more.
- We will improve our communication strategies to keep you all informed in a timely manner of the things that the Lord is doing here. Please plan to attend our All Family Meeting on Tuesday, April 24 at 6pm in the gymnasium. We will have a lot of information to share with you and we will provide some clear direction as to the school’s next steps.
Yours in His service
Dr. Mark Stewart
Jim Elliot Christian High School
Dear Elliot Family,
Greetings in our Lord’s strong Name! We have some important and urgent news to share with you from the Board of directors. Please read what is said below carefully and prayerfully as there is a dynamic shift that will take place.
Above all know that God is in control. As we come to a point where we must gather together as a school we know that you will trust the leadership of God and the administration of the school as we put together next steps. We will have a full parent and staff meeting next Tuesday, April 24 at 6pm, to discuss next steps.
Dear Elliot Families-
In light of documentation presented to the Board of Directors during Executive Session on April 17, 2018, it has become clear that we as a Board are no longer in a position to lead the school community. Accordingly, we hereby resign our positions, effective immediately.
We wish the school community, students, staff and administration continued success participating in quality Christian Education. We will continue to support the school in prayer and trust God will be faithful and bestow continued blessings.
Paula E. White
The transition will take place according to the newly adopted bylaws (adopted April 17, 2018):
In the event the entire Board resigns at once, the administrator is charged with selecting a committee to search for Board members. The task of completing the search committee is to be completed within three (3) weeks of notice of full Board resignation.
During this transition process, the Business Manager is charged with managing school finances pursuant to the budget previously adopted by the previous Board and established processes.
We want to thank our Board members for their service and sacrifice and will pray for them as we make this transition.
Yours for Christ and His Kingdom,
Dr. Mark Stewart